- 4 - 1 to 1.5 lbs Branzino, bones removed, attached at the tail
- Sea salt and toasted black cracked pepper
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- ½ cup of blood orange balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig thyme, 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 bunch of Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 orange, 1 grapefruit, 1 lemon
- 1 handful of pea shoot micro greens
- 1 handful of bull’s blood micro greens
- 1 handful of cleaned baby frisee
- 1 large sprig of basil
Heat up one grill side to 450° F; keep lid shut. Heat other side to 400° F with the griddle installed.
Season with salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary. Apply a generous amount of herbs and olive oil to the inside and outside of the fish.
Peel the orange and the grapefruit, remove sections with a fillet knife, reserve at room temperature.
In a bowl, mix chopped Italian parsley, shaved fennel, pea shoots, bulls blood, frisee and julienned basil. Squeeze lemon over mix, season with EVOO and salt/pepper. Mix gently and refrigerate. This must be done 2 or 3 minutes prior to serving otherwise the lemon will wilt the greens.
Open grill lid and very quickly “flash grill” the fish taking care not to let the skin stick.
Use an offset spatula to help remove fish from grill.
Gently place fish on the griddle and allow it to finish cooking for 1 to 2 more minutes on each side.
Remove the fish from the griddle, place on a serving plate, top with the greens and the citrus segments. Add one last pinch of pepper, a drizzle of EVOO and a drizzle of blood orange vinegar.