Grilled Chorizo and Carnitas Nachos
Recipe adapted from Go Go Go Gourmet. For more info, visit their website.
- 1½ cups pork carnitas
- ⅓ lb chorizo sausage, uncooked but broken up into small pieces
- 4-5 small sweet peppers, sliced crosswise
- 1 ear of corn, kernels stripped
- 2+ cups of mexican blend shredded cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Additional toppings: jalepenos, fresh diced tomato, cilantro, avocado, banana peppers
Prepare a tray to be used on the grill and preheat your grill on low.
Spread out the chips evenly across the platter. Top with half the carnitas, chorizo, corn and sweet peppers, then top with ¾ cup of cheese. Repeat with the second layer, adding the other peppers, tomato, avocado and cilantro. Top with the remaining cheese.
Slide onto the grill and cook on medium-low for 8-10 minutes, until the chorizo is cooked and the cheese has melted. Serve immediately with sour cream, if desired.