Grilled Sea Scallops w/Wild Mushroom Ragout
- 6 oz oil
- 12-16 each 10-20 sea scallops
- 1/2 cup quartered crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup quarteres shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup picked maitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary/ thyme/ parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh black truffle
- 1/4 bunch pencil asparagus - small diced, blanched
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 tbsp whole butter
- 4 oz heavy reduced lobster stock - reduce from 16oz down to 4oz
- Salt & pepper
- 4 strips crispy pork belly
Pork Belly Preparation
Spice rub (a good steak rub or blackening spice) and salt cure.
Leave pork belly to absorb spices overnight in refrigerator.
Cook on a closed grill, low and slow until done (this can be done the day prior).
Slice ¼ inch slices and place back on grill until desired crispness.
Ragout/ Scallop Preparation
Turn grill on and when heated place 2oz of oil in a hot pan; add mushrooms.
Sautée quickly so mushrooms get crisp (may need to add more oil).
Add the chopped garlic, herbs and truffles and
continue to sautée.
Add asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes and sautée.
Add lobster stock, fold in whole butter,
check seasonings and set aside.
On the other side of the grill, dredge the scallops in the remaining oil; season with salt and pepper and place on grill.
Once scallops have good grill marks, turn over.
As scallops are finishing, place pork belly on grill to heat.
Divide mushroom mixture into 4 entrée size bowls; place scallops and top with crisp smoked pork belly.