- 3 - 4 lb Whole Beef Tenderloin (for smaller tenderloins just reduce herbs and cooking time)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh finely chopped regular or Italian Parsley
- 1/8 cup fresh finely chopped Thyme or Oregano
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup fresh finely chopped Basil
- 1/8 cup fresh finely chopped Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1/4 cup Virgin Olive Oil
- Clean tenderloin of any surface silverskin and excess fat. Trim off small ends.
- Coat tenderloin with olive oil. Roll in finely chopped fresh herbs.
- Sear on high B.B.Q., turning a quarter turn every 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium high and continue grilling 5-8 minutes per quarter turn.
- Test for desired doneness with a meat thermometer.
- Remove from grill and let stand for 10 minutes before carving into 1/2” to 1” slices.
- Any selection of fresh herbs is great for this grilling method. Feel free to omit or add to the selection above. Experiment and enjoy.