Grilled Blue Cheese Burgers
Recipe adapted from Food.com. For more information, visit the website.
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons creamed horseradish
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Combine ground beef, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; mix well, and shape into 16 thin patties. It's easier to form 8 equally portioned balls of meat, then halve it to form the patties.
Combine cream cheese, blue cheese, onion, horseradish, and mustard in a small bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended. Divide cheese mixture evenly among 8 patties; spread to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with the remaining patties, pressing edges to seal. Make sure to seal them well.
Grill hamburgers over medium-hot coals (350 to 400 degrees). 10 minutes on each side or to desired cook. Set aside, and keep warm.
Saute mushrooms in melted butter in a skillet until tender. Top burgers with sauteed mushrooms.