Grilled Lamb Burger with Cheese
Recipe courtesy of Margarita Tsangarakis, Owner and Chef at Barangas.
- ½ lb lean ground lamb
- ¼ cup finely chopped white onion
- 1-2 gloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 4 oz of Kefalotyri cheese (popular Greek sheep’s milk cheese) cut in 6 equal pieces.
In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients, add a lightly beaten egg. Mix all together (be sure not to overwork the mixture).
Form the lamb mixture into 6 patties.
To add the cheese, hold each patty in the palm of one hand, place the cheese in the center and press down until is no longer visible (you might have to re-shape the patty if it has lost its round shape).
Grill the burgers on medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side.