Grilled Whole Beef Tenderloin In Fresh Herbs
- 3 - 4 lb Whole Beef Tenderloin (for smaller tenderloins just reduce herbs and cooking time)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh finely chopped regular or Italian Parsley
- 1/8 cup fresh finely chopped Thyme or Oregano
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup fresh finely chopped Basil
- 1/8 cup fresh finely chopped Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1/4 cup Virgin Olive Oil
Clean tenderloin of any surface silverskin and excess fat. Trim off small ends.
Coat tenderloin with olive oil. Roll in finely chopped fresh herbs.
Sear on high B.B.Q., turning a quarter turn every 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium high and continue grilling 5-8 minutes per quarter turn.
Test for desired doneness with a meat thermometer.
Remove from grill and let stand for 10 minutes before carving into 1/2” to 1” slices.
Note: Any selection of fresh herbs is great for this grilling method. Feel free to omit or add to the selection above. Experiment and enjoy.